Sunday 20 May 2012

The Bat People


After a while the team focused mainly on the war between the Bats and the Birds, which was originally meant as a side story. It became the main plot point and the work I done on the Protagonist was abandoned and we focus our efforts on the two species.

I chose to design the bats; I originally saw them as rather humanoid bats resembling the Legacy of Kain series. I gave them bat like features including large ears and a split lip.



Body wise they followed suit with double-jointed legs. I tried to steer away from putting the wings on the back as I found this a bit obvious and also seemed more like the bird race.



Later on however Luke and Tim had designed Bats that used wings on the forearms and lower back, since it seemed like we were all creating subspecies of the bat race, I designed the ‘brute’ bat with the wings on the back to show power leaving the arms and legs free for combat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment